Google

This is an ever-evolving story of a girl writer and her two greatest loves, the movies and travel. As she hikes the trenches of Hollywood, you're brought along for the ride.

Friday, February 15, 2013

This Is How We End: Getting It Out There


Anything worthwhile is worth the heartache.  No, I'm not talking about love (given it's the day after Valentine's Day.)  In this case, I'm talking about writing.  After close to a year of writing and editing, I've released my first short story collection, "This Is How We End."  It's a collection of short stories, poetry & art that centers on the themes of both beginnings and endings.  (It's now available on Amazon in print and digital formats, including Kindle.) 

Working on a book is not an easy process.  Just before publication, I read and re-read my own book more times than I'd like to remember.  Well before that stage, I'd spent countless hours coming up with characters and initial ideas.  I wrote most stories out longhand in a pink composition book.  Sometimes there were so many chicken scratchings and notes written in margins on those first drafts that I could barely figure out what I'd meant.  

Sometimes my ideas didn't even make it to the notebook.  Those ideas were written on strips of scratch paper or anything I could get my hands on whenever an idea struck.  I kept these raw notes in a Strawberry Shortcake folder.  I'm probably way too old to be carrying around such a folder, but Strawberry Shortcake makes me happy.  I also convinced that it would make my former six-year-old self proud of the adult me.

This Is How We End also includes several illustrations by Los Angeles-based artist, Scott Vogel.
 


THIS IS HOW WE END
In life, sometimes an ending is really a beginning. We just don’t know it at the time.
Filled with heart, passion & emotion, “This Is How We End” is a collection of short stories, poetry & art that examines beginnings & endings.

Check it out and help spread the word!
  I welcome comments.  In future posts, I'll also include exclusive excerpts from the book.

Like it on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ThisIsHowWeEnd

Kendra Liedle

No comments:

Post a Comment