Google

This is an ever-evolving story of a girl writer and her two greatest loves, the movies and travel. As she hikes the trenches of Hollywood, you're brought along for the ride.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Listen Up Hollywood: Don't Rip Yourself Off

As talented as I think actress Chloe Grace Moretz is, I can't bring myself to see the remake of Carrie.  And I'd heard so many bad things about the infamous remake of Psycho that I avoided it at all costs.  Psycho?  Why, it's one of my favorite movies.

It's hard for me to fathom why Hollywood insists on remaking classic films.  More often than not, remakes fail and (worse than that) they cheapen the originals.

I saw this list today: The Untouchables: 20 Classic Movies Hollywood Can't Remake or Revisit.  

Compiled by Kevin Polowy, I agree with every single movie on this list.  What would I add?  Rosemary's Baby, Breakfast At Tiffany's, and Manhattan instantly come to mind.  I'd lose respect for any studio that even attempts to redo these.

Content copyright ©2013 by KLiedle

No comments:

Post a Comment