Google

This is an ever-evolving story of a girl writer and her two greatest loves, the movies and travel. As she hikes the trenches of Hollywood, you're brought along for the ride.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ice Cream: It's What's For Dinner

It's National Ice Cream Day here in the United States.  This is a fact I should know... Ice Cream.  Well, let's just say I'm a fan.  I also enjoy ice cream's many counterparts: frozen yogurt, gelato, and sorbet.  The beauty of being an adult is that I can have ice cream anytime I want.  Not that I do... (or that I'd admit to it here.)  I'll try any flavor there is, but I'm partial to Cookies And Cream.  And just plain vanilla with some cinnamon sprinkled on top. 

Ice cream has appeared in many films over the years.  Who can forget Audrey Hepburn gleefully enjoying her gelato in Roman Holiday?   Charlie was amazed to discover that Willy Wonka himself invented a chocolate ice cream that never melts in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.  The iconic duo of the silent era, Laurel and Hardy used ice cream in several sketches and short films, including the 'Moustachio Ice Cream' sketch in their 1931 film, Come Clean.  And back in 1993, Louis C.K.  did a short film, entitled simply, Ice Cream. For anyone familiar with his current show, Louie, he routinely professes his love for ice cream.  And not wanting to share it with his kids.  I don't blame him.

Ah, Ice Cream.  It's what's for dinner.

Here in Los Angeles, I recommend  Humphrey's Yogart, Studio Yogurt, and Yogurtland (which, sadly, is quickly becoming the Starbucks of the frozen yogurt world.)

©2012 by KLiedle

No comments:

Post a Comment