Google

This is an ever-evolving story of a girl writer and her two greatest loves, the movies and travel. As she hikes the trenches of Hollywood, you're brought along for the ride.

Monday, February 27, 2012

And The Academy Award Goes To...

Many people think of awards shows-- especially the Oscars-- as elitist. The Academy. Who are those people anyway? Famous, rich people giving gold statuettes to other famous, rich people. Congratulating each other. Why does anyone care?

I don't feel that way at all; I never have. I've never missed an Oscar telecast, even as a little girl. I've always watched it LIVE, the old-fashioned way. To me, they are inspiring.

When I see someone win an Academy Award, I see that it's possible.

The Academy Awards is a celebration of movies. It's a way to recognize the powerful history and legacy of motion pictures while shining light on the professionals who continue to aspire to excellence in their respective fields.

Movies have touched me and inspired me in so many ways throughout my life. That's why I re-routed my life so I could work on films and experience all the details that have to come together to make those films happen. That's why I write stories that I hope will make it to the big screen someday. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

On Oscar night, I'm reminded of why I came here. That dream is re-ignited, and that's important because big dreams are hard to follow sometimes. When I see people from my hometown and people I know (and have worked with) as nominees, as winners, I truly believe it can happen for anyone, even me-- a girl who grew up in Nebraska having no connection to Hollywood.

I'd like to thank the Academy and its 5,783 members for continuing the Oscar tradition that began 84 years ago. Thank you for giving film professionals a shining moment they will remember for the rest of their lives.

And thank you for inspiring the rest of us to keep trying...

Congratulations to every single NOMINEE and the WINNER of last night's show.

I hope you all slept in this morning.

©2012 by KLiedle

No comments:

Post a Comment