Google

This is an ever-evolving story of a girl writer and her two greatest loves, the movies and travel. As she hikes the trenches of Hollywood, you're brought along for the ride.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Diminutive Dancer: Choosing Dance Classes


After somersaulting into the living room couch a few too many times, my mother enrolled me in my first dance class. Recently, I wrote about my experiences with dance and the positive impact it's had on my life. Thinking about enrolling your child in dance? I'd highly recommend it. Don't have kids? Enroll yourself....it's the New Year after all. Have fun and be good to yourself!
To read my full article, including tips on how to choose a dance class, click
here.

"An early exposure to dance positions us for an athletic life. Confidence about our bodies can be established early with dance. Adults who were exposed to dance as children more easily embrace dance as exercise in later life. Dance not only has physical benefits, but also mental benefits as it increases memory and produces a feeling of well being and if taught correctly, a feeling of satisfaction."

~Sandy Portaro, Owner--Pasadena’s Athletic Garage

Photo caption: Diminutive dancers learn their first steps at Athletic Garage, a dance and fitness facility located in Pasadena, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment