Google

This is an ever-evolving story of a girl writer and her two greatest loves, the movies and travel. As she hikes the trenches of Hollywood, you're brought along for the ride.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

When The Moon Rises at Cannes 2012

Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom will open the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival Wednesday. Remarkably, this will be Wes Anderson's Cannes debut.  For more about the making of the film, see Anderson's recent Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter.

Moonrise Kingdom... Every kid fantasizes about running away from home at least once in a childhood.  I know I did.  I'd pack a suitcase and take off.  Find a treehouse and live there forever.  Or until my parents discovered me.  (I still might retire in a treehouse.  We'll see.)

Although Wes Anderson's films are generally highly stylized and sometimes hit-and-miss for me, (The Life Aquatic anyone?)  I'm looking forward to seeing this film.  I also dig the song selections in the film trailer... a beautifully romanticized touch to what I think should be a fun film to experience.

The Palm D'Or will be chosen by those on the Cannes Jury.  Who's on the Jury?  Well, it's an eclectic bunch:  5 men, 4 women-- a nearly even split.  Directors, actors, a fashion designer...  International by design: French, German, British, American, Scottish, Italian, Haitian, Palestinian.

©2012 by KLiedle
Film Trailer:  Focus Features/ Moonrise Kingdom


No comments:

Post a Comment